Saturday, February 25, 2006

Enigma

An enigma you are, ununderstood, unsolved
Crawling silently, a visitor uncalled
You come in and settle without a knock
And speak no words, there's nothing to talk

Face, body, colour, taste and smell you lack
Your presence is pregnant silence black
You look and find your image in my eyes
Slowly replaced by the vast skies

Wind of sorrow turbulent grips the sky tight
Poor sky is no match to the delirious might
It screams thunder and cries out rain
Then no wind or sky, only my trickling tears of pain

I need a shoulder to lean and cry
And a hand to soothe my sigh
You've caused my heart's turmoil and emptiness
I ask your identity, you say, "My name is Loneliness".

-- Diksha Neel 2002

5 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Arti Honrao said...

Deep n touching words!!
Nice work...



GBU
Arti

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Saurabh Banerjee said...

Right from the heart it goes to the heart!

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Kuan Gung said...

Truly moving to no end...I absolutely love this!!!

 
At 2:55 AM, Blogger Sandeep Salvi said...

This is a fabulously depicted abstract state of Mind in poetic verses, Amid MA Literature will strongly ponder some more verses.
Gr8 job!
Metta,
Sandeep.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home